What is a health home?
The Health Home Medicaid service model allows all of a child’s caregivers to communicate with one another so that the child’s diverse needs are addressed comprehensively. This is done primarily through a “care manager” who oversees and provides access to all of the services a child needs to stay healthy, out of the emergency room, and out of the hospital, and to achieve a bright, successful future in the long term. Through the Health Home model, health records are shared among providers so that services are not duplicated or neglected. Health Home services are provided through a network of organizations like the Collaborative for Children & Families (CCF) – providers, health plans, and community-based organizations. When all the services are considered collectively they become a virtual “Health Home.”
What kinds of services and support does the CCF provide?
The CCF provides the highest quality direct and referral services based on a range of expertise:
- Foster Care & Adoption
- Preventive Services
- Case Management
- Mental Health
- Substance Use Treatment
- HIV/AIDs Prevention & Treatment
- Schools & Educational Programs
- After School & Summer Enrichment Programs
- Job Development
To learn more about the programs available through members of the CCF, visit our members’ websites.
Why should an organization join the CCF Health Home?
The CCF is the single best repository of expertise on the specialized services for high-need children, youth, and their families, and provides excellent opportunities for:
- Networking and training
- Access to subject matter experts
- Updates on the latest developments impacting services to children and families
- Partnerships for operational efficiency
- Care coordination for children and families, resulting in better health outcomes and better futures for the most vulnerable children in our care
- Relationships with key external stakeholders to expand a shared sphere of influence within the health care system environment
- Strategic partnerships with colleagues to pursue new business and development opportunities; CCF has received foundation funding to facilitate the development/expansion of services
Why should a family choose the CCF Health Home?
The care managers and providers at the CCF have decades of experience providing the best quality, family-centered care for the most vulnerable children in our communities. We work in partnership with families to ensure they achieve their goals for health, success, and independence. Because of our vast network of compassionate, expert providers, our doors our open in neighborhoods throughout New York City, Nassau, Westchester, and Suffolk counties where families will likely find familiar faces. Our diverse expertise enables us to advocate for a child’s complete social, emotional, mental, and physical wellbeing for the present and the future.