Lead Training Coordinator
The Lead Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all training and development activities across the CCF Health Home for the Care Management Agencies as well as serve as the lead for the CANS-NY Technical Assistance Institute with the Chapin Hall University. S/he will also coordinate and identify all training needs for the member organizations. The Director will work closely with Chapin Hall University to ensure that the CANS-NY Institute operations are met. The Lead Training Coordinator will help to identify training needs and create and analyze various reports to support training initiatives. The Lead Training Coordinator will assist with reviewing the personnel QI Tool in the area of Training to ensure CMA staff is in compliance with annual training requirements. The Lead Training Coordinator will report findings from agency regulatory reviews and needs identified via the agency QI process. The Lead Training Coordinator will assist with developing and implementing training programs identified needs by the DOH and the member organizations that relate to the wok in the Health Home. The Lead Training Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that an effective database is in place to monitor expected training participants, actual participants and is responsible for follow-up to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements. The Coordinator will ensure compliance with DOH Health Home standards on best practice. The Coordinator will work with the Compliance Officer and Executive Director on all administrative requirements (e.g., budget, short-term plan, department goals and objectives), as required. The Coordinator will coordinate all contracts with ad-hoc trainers and create, review and develop approved curriculum.
Reports to: Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for providing an array of training and support services for the CCF organization as well as the contracted Care Management Agencies within the CCF Network.
- CANS-NY Certification is required. Director must score a 80 or above on the CANS-NY certification and remain current with certification requirements within 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain active knowledge of DOH’s current training requirements for Children’s Health Homes and is responsible, in collaboration with the Compliance Officer, for assuring CCF and the partner agencies’ compliance with same.
- Data analysis: Produce and monitor reports on training compliance and exception reports.
- Training and Staff Development: Develop training curriculum.
- Train Care Managers as needed
- Assist GSIHealth in providing required annual refresher training as needed.
- Develop in collaboration with managers, staff development plans to enhance skill level of personnel.
- Participate in leadership training program to identify needs and promote successes.
- Serve as on-site support for direct and management staff to facilitate on the job training
- Must identify training resources across partner agencies and the State and to facilitating resource sharing to meet requirements
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Monitor and review the on-going needs and assessment for the end-users of the CANS-NY
- Responsible for the recruitment and Training of CANS-NY Regional Coaches
- Responsible for the Regional Coaching Supports & Communication
- Participate and lead learning collaborative with Chapin Hall and Regional Coaches
- Conduct webinars for the CANS-NY end user as identified by the Institute Director
- Act as a liaison and supervise, coordinate regional CANS-NY coaches from the 8 identified CCF member agencies
- Attend the CANS Annual National Conference
- Develop Curricula to support training needs of the Organization and the Member
- Master’s Degree plus 3 years in related filed required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in training and curriculum development
- Knowledge of online Learning Management Systems (LMSs) including experience developing web based curricula and training
- Knowledge of CANS-NY
- CANS-NY Certification Required upon 30 days of Hire
- Knowledge of delivering reports and conducting training needs analysis
- Experience working in one of the following industries preferred: Healthcare; Child Welfare; State or City government
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making; has a positive attitude.
- Is a team player.
- Has a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and consumers within the organization.
- Possesses a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forges a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Is proficient in writing and developing new Curriculum for training
- Can train with confidence and is energetic and understands the adult learner
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google applications, O-365
- Experience with developing and maintaining contact lists/database, records or shared calendars
- Curriculum Development
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with managing and monitoring health care/ care coordination related programs
|Job Category||Operations, training|